Veteran Services Office
VA Certification Portal

VA Certification Portal Login

This site is intended for use by students that are using GI Bill® benefits as a part of paying for their education while attending University of North Carolina Charlotte and is administered by UNC Charlotte's Veteran Services Office (VSO). You must be admitted to UNC Charlotte and officially registered for courses.

Step 1. Select start a new application. 

Step 2. Select the correct VA educational benefit type. If you are unsure what type of benefit you are eligible for, a brief overview of each benefit is available. Additionally, this information can be found on the Certificate of Eligibility document. 

Step 3. Next, you will have the opportunity to confirm your mailing address. If you live on campus, please include your hall and room number. 

Step 4. Upload a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and supporting documentation listing your benefit eligibility. (Not required for students using the VR&E Chapter 31 benefit)

Required In-state Tuition Documentation

If a student is determined to be "out-of-state" by RDS and is requesting a tuition exception, the following documentation is required to be submitted with your enrollment certification: 

*If you do not have your Certificate of Eligibility you can find it in either your eBenefits or you can request it at

UNC Charlotte’s VSO is dedicated to the support and success of our military-affiliated student body.